Day around the bay: the number of homeless has grown by 35% in the county of Contra Costa
- Today, 2022 homeless estimates for six of Bay’s nine counties were published, and regionally the number of homeless people rose 8%, with only SF and Sanoma counties seen small decreases. Counter-Costa County has seen the largest overall increase since 2019: the number of homeless has grown by 35%. [Chronicle]
- A grass fire along 101 in San Rafael caused backup traffic on Monday afternoon. There was also vegetation fire in San Mateo caused by illegal fireworks on the weekend, and meteorologists warn that drier and windier conditions could create a greater risk of fires around the bay this week. [SFGate / ABC 7]
- Antioch Mayor Lamar Thorpe and city police are talking even harsher after the weekend’s chaotic side events. Police want the teens to know that their cars can be confiscated for a month, which costs more than $ 3,000 to take them out, and they could face a $ 300 fine for participating in the show. [East Bay Times]
- The Ninth District Court of Appeals overturned the East Bay verdict for weapons today on the grounds that a Auckland Federal District Judge in this case violated the constitutional human right to a public trial during a pandemic. The judge closed the criminal trial to all but the participants in the trial, and then did not allow the public access to the video, so the man was allowed to conduct a new trial. [Chronicle]
- Twitter CEO Parag Agraval spoke on Twitter to defend the company’s internal count of robots, saying it was well under 5%, and Elon Musk responded with smileys. [The Verge]
- Auckland’s super-popular Cambodian restaurant Nyum Bai closed its doors last weekend and plans to resume operations at a new – presumably larger – venue to be announced. [Hoodline]
- The historic building of the Century 21 Cinema in San Jose in the shape of a dome is a candidate for adaptive reuse in buildings adjacent to Santana Row. [Hoodline]
Photo: Adrian P.Ya. Bloomberg
Jena Frumes flaunts her luscious curls as she poses in a cream bikini
Smiling Jenna Froomes proves curls are more fun as she poses in a cream bikini. For the photo shoot, she...
Pregnant Rihanna goes shopping in rainy Los Angeles, buying baby things for her son
Rihanna On Tuesday, she looked chic as ever in a casual outfit as she stepped out to shop for new...
California otters have died from the deadly parasite toxoplasma gondii.
Toxoplasma gondii, a rare and deadly parasite, has killed four sea otters in California. People and marine wildlife could be...
John Wayne Airport in California is recognized as the scariest in America
California's John Wayne Airport named America's scariest for super-steep takeoffs from runways shortened to avoid noise complaints from wealthy neighborsKnown...
A study shows that smoking THC during adolescence cuts the number of eggs in half
Teenage girls who smoke marijuana can cause permanent harm to themselves fertilityresearchers warn.Research under the leadership of the University CaliforniaIrvine...
CSU debuts revamped community college transfer program
California State University, Sacramento Campus on Tuesday, May 12, 2020, in Sacramento, California. Rosalio Ahumada firstname.lastname@example.org The California State University...