Harry and Meghan ‘rejected’ by Hollywood for ‘lack of decency’
America’s enthusiasm for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has been put under pressure after a series of explosive interviews, with a royal expert saying the couple “lacks decency”.
How Prince HarryThe 38-year-old and Meghan Markle are celebrating three years this month since they started their new life together CaliforniaJournalist Kinsey Schofield said the couple now “scorned Hollywood.”
Talking to Fox News DigitalA royal correspondent opined: “I really think Harry and Meghan expected more support from Hollywood than they’ve received recently.”
In recent months have been released Netflix documentaries as well as Duke of Sussex’s epic memoir Spare.
She continued: “I think Harry and Meghan have had an amazing opportunity to elevate themselves and actually become Hollywood royalty, but their decency makes people think twice about hooking up.”
America’s fascination with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex is fading, according to one royal expert, who claimed Hollywood has ‘failed to cover up’ the couple following their big-picture revelations
The express.co.uk suggested the couple thought Hollywood would welcome them, but Harry’s claims about the royal family put a damper on that.
Harry and Meghan were not invited to any of them 2023 BAFTA event, with claims they were “not welcome” at the 2023 BAFTA Tea Part held in Los Angeles last month.
However, the prince and Princess of Wales attended the major event in London and royal fans were delighted to see the couple on the red carpet.
However, Harry and Meghan are reportedly getting fewer invitations to glamorous events as leaders fear they will be in the spotlight.
It was speculated that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle expected more support from their Hollywood friends when they moved to California three years ago
Since the release of their explosive Netflix docu-series, sparked by Prince Harry Spare’s memoirs, the Sussexes’ popularity in the US has been on the wane
The couple, who used to be hugely popular in the US, sank in the polls after Prince Harry launched a new attack on the royal family and revealed a number of intimate details, such as how he lost his virginity to Sasha Walpole.
Prior to publication, Harry had a +38 favorability rating, according to a Dec. 5 poll of 2,000 US voters.
Sociologists Redfield & Wilton found that this had fallen to -7 by 16 January, while Meghan Markle had dropped to -13, down from +23 on 5 December.
The lack of acceptance from the Hollywood industry was further fueled by the inclusion of Sussex in the satirical cartoon South Park.
Last month, an episode depicting “Prince and Princess Canada“, – a young royal couple was heard on the air, loudly asking for solitude, drawing attention to themselves.
Dressed in the same dusty pink outfit Meghan wore for Trooping the Color in 2018, the redheaded prince and his wife are seen promoting the prince’s book – Waaagh – which has a cover that strongly resembles Harry Spare’s memoir.
The episode is filled with swipes at the Sussexes, with main character Stan referring to their cartoon equivalents as “the dumb prince and his stupid wife” and Kyle complaining about the private jet parked outside their house.
Kinsey Schofield told GB News: “They’re saying these two are not sincere people, they’re saying they want their privacy while they’re on every TV show, writing books, watching six hours of Netflix.
“They broke it down and said … they’re not very likable … people are sick of them.”
TV presenter Nick Eade, who claimed he was friends with the Duchess of Sussex, 41, before she met Harry, claimed the couple didn’t realize they wouldn’t be welcomed as ‘Hollywood royalty’ when they moved to California.
Speaking to express.co.uk, he said: “They’re actually quite far down the pecking order and I think that was a problem with them, in terms of stepping down.
“I think the point is that you forget that in Hollywood royalty is not a person with a title.
“It’s J.Lo, it’s Sharon Stone, it’s Beyoncé, it’s the Kardashians. This is their fee.”