Renowned chef Mario Batali has resigned from a jury trial on sexual behavior

Read Time:3 Minute, 15 Second

Renowned chef Mario Batali, who is accused of indecent assault and beating, on Monday waived his right to a jury trial in a case of sexual behavior he faces in Boston. The 61-year-old Batali is accused of forcibly kissing and groping a woman after taking a selfie with her at a Boston restaurant in 2017. The selection of the jury was to begin on Monday; however, Batali chose a trial. The trial was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic; however, during the 2019 indictment, Batali pleaded not guilty to the charge. If convicted, Batali could face up to two and a half years in prison and be required to register as a sex offender. Suffolk County Attorney’s Office said Batali is expected to be in court throughout the trial, which is expected to last about two days after the jury’s selection is completed. Several other women have previously reported sexual abuse by Batali. The Chew ”in December 2017 after four women accused him of inappropriate touching. Batali apologized, admitting that the accusations “coincide” with the way he acted. “I made a lot of mistakes and I am very sorry to have disappointed my friends, my family, my fans and my team,” he said in an e-mail at the time. “My behavior has been wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility.” Batali opened a branch of the popular Italian food market Eataly in Boston at the Prudential Center in 2016, as well as Babbo Pizzeria e Enoteca at the city’s seaport. in 2015. Batali has since been bought out of its stake in Eataly, which still has dozens of branches around the world, including in Boston, and the Babbo restaurant in the city has since closed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Renowned chef Mario Batali, who is accused of indecent assault and beating, on Monday waived his right to a jury trial in a case of sexual behavior he faces in Boston.

The 61-year-old Batali is accused of forcibly kissing and groping a woman after taking a selfie with her at a Boston restaurant in 2017.

The selection of the jury was to begin on Monday; however, Batali chose a trial.

The trial was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic; however, during his indictment in 2019, Batali pleaded not guilty to the charge.

If convicted, Batali could face up to two and a half years in prison and be required to register as a sex offender.

The Suffolk County Attorney’s Office said Batali is expected to be on trial throughout the trial, which is expected to continue for about two days after the jury selection is completed.

Several other women have previously reported sexual abuse by Batali.

This content was imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in a different format, or you may be able to find more information on their website.

Batali retired from his daily work in his restaurant empire and culinary show “The Chew” in December 2017 after four women accused him of inappropriate touching.

Batali apologized, acknowledging that the charges “coincide” with the way he acted.

“I made a lot of mistakes and I am very sorry to have disappointed my friends, my family, my fans and my team,” he said in an e-mail at the time. “My behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility.”

Batali opened a branch of the popular Italian food platform Eataly in Boston at the Prudential Center in 2016, and Babbo Pizzeria e Enoteca in the city’s seaport area in 2015.

Batali has since been redeemed from its stake in Eataly, which still has dozens of locations around the world, including in Boston, and Babbo’s restaurant in the city has since closed.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Source by [author_name]

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %
Previous post Bahamas sandals of death: American tourists found dead in the resort of Great Exuma, names will be named
Next post Prince Harry peered into his completely naked California luxury office