Republic Venture Unit Raises $ 700 Million for Crypto-Oriented Funds – TechCrunch
According to Axios, the venture division of the private investment platform Republic of about $ 1 billion is in talks to raise $ 700 million for two new crypto-oriented funds. The funds include a flagship venture fund for $ 200 million and a special crypto fund for $ 500 million, Axios writes in its newsletter Pro fintech.
The venture fund will set aside 20% of the capital to invest in cryptocurrency tokens, and the remaining 80% will go to invest in equity in web3, fintech and deeptech, according to Axios. A special cryptocurrency fund, he added, will focus on supporting protocols at a later stage.
Since its founding in January 2019, Republic Capital has invested in more than 100 companies, the company said. He was quite active in cryptospace, especially this led the investment in the blockchain company Flipside, a data analysis tool for protocols that rewards users for fulfilling last month’s queries and participating in Indian web3 startup CoinDCX recently raised $ 135 million.
As a company, Republic has been helping fundraising in cryptocurrencies in line with regulated securities offerings since 2017, the website said. Last October, CEO of the Republic Kendrick Nguyen said TechCrunch of the company’s potential plans to create a secondary market for digital securities focused on compliance.
Projects that have raised capital from investors through a crowdfunding platform include the DeFi Ratio Finance protocol and a Solana-based Zebec treasury management solution. In February the republic highlighted its meta-universe and NFT-focused investment departmentRepublic Realm as a separate company called Everyrealm, run by Janine Yoria.
Republic raised his A $ 150 million Series B funding round in October 2021 led by Valor Equity Partners. The company told TechCrunch that it also raised more than $ 20 million in crypto-token sales ahead of this round.
Republic did not respond to TechCrunch’s requests for comment.
Best Free Checking Accounts for November 2022
Checking accounts are a critical service offered by financial institutions allowing consumers to safely store and manage their money. While...
Breaking News: Manufacturing growth in Japan and Korea eases amid regional concerns
NXP expects supply chain constraints to persist and is "cautious in the medium term" © Steve Marcus/Reuters NXP Semiconductors warned...
‘Andor’ release schedule: When is Disney Plus episode 9 coming out?
The galaxy far, far away is constantly expanding Disney Plus. The latest series of star wars Andorraan great prequel story...
Absolutely no one is safe from the Halloween costume parody meme
I am looking for a last halloween costume? Why not treat it as a 30 minute phone call that really...
Uber is testing push notifications, a feature nobody wants • TechCrunch
Uber recently launched its own new advertising department and in-app advertising. Apparently, this ad doesn't stay in the program. Instead,...
A powerful telescope records the fascinating consequences of the death of a giant star
Today is Halloween, and the space agencies have no plans to let us forget it. NASA's Twitter handles have been...