South Pasadena Police Department May – National Bicycle Safety Month South Pasadena
The news was provided by the South Pasadena Police Department
May is National Bicycle Safety Month, and the South Pasadena Police Department reminds drivers to follow the speed limit, monitor and safely bypass cyclists.
“The days are longer and the weather is nice, which creates ideal conditions for cycling,” said Lieutenant Shannon Robleda. “Drivers, please share the road so we can all get our seats safely.”
To ensure the safety of people on bicycles or on foot, the South Pasadena Police Department will conduct road safety operations for a month on the most dangerous behaviors of the driver, such as speeding, illegal turns, refusing to give way to cyclists or pedestrians and a stop sign. easy running.
The South Pasadena Police Department offers the following safety tips for drivers and cyclists:
- Slow down and follow the speed limit. Be careful when driving through intersections.
- Look closely at cyclists and pedestrians before turning or opening car doors near streets or bike paths.
- Be patient when riding a cyclist. When overtaking or overtaking a cyclist, save a minimum of three (3) feet of space.
- Never drive distracted or weakened.
- Use a light at night (at least the front white light and the rear red reflector).
- Although this is not required for riders 18 years of age or older, always wear a properly buttoned helmet. Helmets significantly reduce the likelihood of head injury accident event.
- Cyclists must ride in the same direction and have the same requirements as any slow-moving vehicle.
- Give way to pedestrians, like a driver. Pedestrians have the right to drive within marked pedestrian crossings or within unmarked pedestrian crossings at intersections.
Funding for this program is provided by a grant from the California Highway Traffic Safety Administration through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
UConn’s Joey Calcaterra says it’s ‘crazy’ to face old rivals SDSU in national title game
Former San Diego guard Joey Calcutta says it's "crazy" that he will face his old rival San Diego State with...
Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara look stunning as they arrive on the set of America’s Got Talent Season 18
Heidi Klum turned their heads as she came to film the 18th season with America has talent in Pasadena, Californiaalong...
One dead, two in critical condition after shooting at Trader Joe’s in Southern California
BREAKING NEWS: One dead in Trader Joe's parking lot shooting, two in critical condition as emergency responders perform CPR on...
Rep. Kevin Kiley warned GOP supporters about Julie Sue
3rd District Republican congressional candidate Kevin Kiley greets supporters during an election night party at the Opera House Saloon in...
Neo-Nazi Robert Rund was arrested in a Romanian gym after three years on the run
Leader of the bloodthirsty south California founded neo-Nazi group was finally apprehended in a Romanian gym, three years after he...
The city of California will provide services to the homeless camp
A city in Northern California said it will allow a homeless encampment to remain on public land by agreeing to...