The man accused of the massacre of Buffalo will be returned to court

Read Time:3 Minute, 6 Second

A white man accused of killing 10 black people at a Buffalo supermarket was due to appear in court on Thursday as authorities, including the FBI, continue to investigate allegations of hate crime and terrorism. 18-year-old Peyton Hendron broadcast a live broadcast of the attack from a helmet camera. surrendered to police near the grocery store. Shortly before last Saturday’s attack, he posted hundreds of pages of articles in online discussion groups detailing his plans for the attack and racist motivations. Investigators are studying these documents, including a private diary he kept on the Discord chat platform. Hendron’s court-appointed lawyer pleaded not guilty last week. Video: Social Networks Tested in Buffalo Investigation The massacre at the Tops supermarket has caused alarm even in a country numb from the mass shootings. All but two of the 13 people shot during the attack were black. Hendron’s online writings say he planned the attack after he became fascinated with the ideology of white supremacy he encountered online. The diary said Hendron planned his attack secretly, unaided, but Discord confirmed on Wednesday that an invitation to access his personal writings had been sent to a small group of people about 30 minutes before the assault. Some of them accepted the invitation. It was unclear how many people read what he wrote or logged in to watch the attack live. It was also unclear whether anyone was trying to warn law enforcement. Video: Hochul signs a gun order after Buffalo-Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said investigators are working to obtain, verify and verify Hendron’s messages online. New York Gov. Katie Hochul on Wednesday authorized Attorney General Leticia James to investigate social media. the platforms used by Gendron to determine whether they are responsible for “providing a platform for planning and promoting violence”.

A white man accused of killing 10 black people at a Buffalo supermarket was due to appear in court on Thursday as authorities, including the FBI, continue to investigate hate crimes and terrorism charges.

18-year-old Peyton Hendron conducted a live broadcast of the attack from a helmet camera before surrendering to police near a grocery store. Shortly before last Saturday’s attack, he posted hundreds of pages of articles in online discussion groups detailing his plans for the attack and racist motivations.

Investigators are studying these documents, including a personal diary he kept on the Discord chat platform.

During his initial appearance in court last week, court-appointed lawyer Hendron pleaded not guilty on his behalf.

Video: Social networks checked Buffalo’s investigation

The massacre at the Tops supermarket has caused alarm even in a country that has been numb from mass shootings. All but two of the 13 people shot during the attack were black. Hendron’s online writings say he planned the attack after he became fascinated with the ideology of white supremacy he encountered online.

The diary said Hendron planned his attack secretly, without assistance, but Discord confirmed on Wednesday that an invitation to access his private writings had been sent to a small group of people about 30 minutes before the attack.

Some of them accepted the invitation. It was unclear how many people read what he wrote or logged in to watch the attack live. It was also unclear whether anyone was trying to warn law enforcement.

Video: Hochul signs gun order after Buffalo

Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said investigators are working to obtain, verify and verify Hendron’s messages online.

New York Gov. Katie Hochul on Wednesday authorized Attorney General Leticia James to investigate social media platforms that Gendron uses to determine if they are responsible for “providing a platform for planning and promoting violence.”

Source by [author_name]

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %
Previous post The House passed a bill on domestic terrorism after the shooting in Buffalo – Press Telegram
Next post EasyJet is optimistic about the summer as the demand for holiday travel grows