The US Postal Service is holding job fairs across the state
The US Postal Service is holding a statewide job fair on Thursday.
The USPS is looking to fill nearly 200 jobs in Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. There are more than 2,000 job openings across the state
On January 26, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 16 regional postal offices will take part in the job fair:
- Atascadero – 9800 El Camino Real
- Camarillo – 2150 Pickwick Dr.
- Cambria – 4100 Bridge St.
- Carmel — 3845 Via Nona Marie
- Carpinteria – 5425 Carpinteria Ave.
- Lampock – 801 W. Ocean Ave.
- Monterey – 565 Hartnell St.
- Morro Bay – 898 Napa Ave.
- Oxnard –1961 North C St.
- Paso Robles – 800 6th St.
- Pismo Beach – 100 Crest Dr.
- Salinas – 1011 Post Dr.
- Santa Barbara P&DC – 400 Storke Rd.
- San Roque Station – 3345 State St.
- Santa Maria – 201 Battles Rd.
- San Luis Obispo – 1655 Dalidio Dr.
Applicants participating in the job fair will be guided through the online application process by USPS employees, hear from other employees, and will be able to submit their applications in real-time to positions posted on www.usps.com/careers.
The following positions are urgently needed in the postal service:
- Mail handling: Clerks and mail handlers
- Delivery: urban and rural carriers
- Transport: tractor drivers
- Maintenance: Mechanics, Laborers and Automotive Technicians
Applicants must be 18 years of age or 16 years of age with a high school diploma or GED. All applicants must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check. Some positions require an exam. Any position that has a driving requirement will also require a valid driver’s license and a clean two-year DMV driving history. Citizenship or permanent resident status for five years is required.
Flooding in California’s Central Valley could continue into June as the snow melts
The Lower Fork of the Kings River flows and almost reaches the Weir Crescent south of Riverdale in southern Fresno...
A “UFO” video on Twitter shows the Sutro Tower in San Francisco
The top of this California landmark poking through San Francisco fog has been mistaken for a UFO in a viral...
I’m a mechanic with three-inch nails, but men put me down
The model, who has been working as a mechanic for seven years, with extra-long nail extensions, has revealed that she...
A Southwest flight narrowly avoided colliding with a helicopter at Hollywood Burbank Airport
In the south, the plane almost collided with a helicopter California airport Saturday, just a few days after The Federal...
Keanu Reeves looks dapper in a black suit as he leads stars at the John Wick: Chapter 4 premiere
Keanu Reeves cut a dapper figure as he hit the red carpet at the premiere of his latest film, John...
It is not known how much more snow there will be in the Sierra Nevada
RENO, Nev. (AP) — No one really knows how much snow fell on the infamous Donner Party when pioneers were...